About Me

My photo
Working it out in the world, and sometimes writing about it.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Why Florence

"Why Florence?" people ask. Really? I don't really know. I wans planning on studying abroad spring semester last year, but I couldn't decide where I wanted to go and didn't want to choose flippantly. Turns out that flippantly isn't all bad. I visited Florence when I was 12 and I thought it was great. The leather school, the red-tiled rooftops- beautiful. When I was sifting through the dozens of pamphlets from CSU's study abroad fair, it was rather difficult to find a program in a non-English speaking country that offered courses in creative writing, my major. Florence University of the Arts (FUA) didn't have a vast selection, but there were a few classes to choose from. I tossed Ireland and Prague out the window and decided Florence would be my next home for four months.
I left January 28th, arrived the 29th. My academic program ends May 16th, and I hope to travel for a few weeks after. I have a flight reservation for June 6th, but new plans may have me staying until the 12th- my aunt may come and tour Paris with me for a week, during which I'll celebrate my 21st birthday. In Paris. With some family, probably the only person that'll come visit me throughout this entire shebang. My parents, a boyfriend, and friends have all talked about coming and visiting, but if one person is to come through on it, it's my aunt. But I'll still keep my fingers crossed.
Hopefully I'll be able to keep this thing updated with stories and tales of travels and with pictures. We'll see how that goes. In any case, thanks for caring about me enough and what I'm up to in Europe to take the time to investigate all the things that I'll be doing. Like writing redundant sentences.
On another note- those of you reading this probably know that I'm going through a rough patch, and I just wanted to say thank you so much for being amazing friends and people. You guys are the people that ground me and pick me up when I need it or slap me in the face when I need it. I will never be able to thank you enough and I feel so blessed.
Well, with that, read on!

No comments: